Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rummoli - it's Canadian!

Wow, it's a two blog kinda day. This blog will serve to illustrate my bi-polar disorder, having traversed from the trenches of nuclear warfare to Canadian boardgames.
After a lovely Thanksgiving feast at my folks' place this weekend, I was able to successfully cajole my unwilling family members into a rousing game of Rummoli (which is a strange hybrid of rummy and poker). It was a blast! I love board games as Michael will gladly attest to, as I often try and coerce him into a game of rummy or a chess match. Look, it's more fun than reading and it's more of a mental challenge than trying to understand the point or plot of Hugh Heffner's new show "Pimp My Slut" or whatever it's called.
I made my family play round after round until Michael and my brother ran out of chips, my dad eventually yawned and announced he was going to bed - it was like, 9pm, and I won the big pot. By pot I mean a lot of chips. By chips I mean round cardboard tokens.
Excited and euphoric from my win I had a great idea: I would take the game home with me and have a Rummoli night! This game is so easy to play (the poker part is a cinch because the Rummoli board has diagrams of all the possible poker hands you can have), and if you lose at poker, you can still win the other combinations on the board (my coup de grace was the Ace-King of Diamonds combo).
So. I would like to use this blog as an open invite to Rummoli night at my place. We can have some snacks, drink some beer, play for pennies (possibly, just possibly, nickels) and have a grand old time. I am thinking 7pm on Saturday, October 21st? If you've received a link to my blog you're invited! If you have no desire to play Rummoli with me, think of Michael. Poor, poor Michael. I will make him play and play all by himself if no one else shows.
If you would like to come please post a comment or fire me an email so I can gauge interest. Seriously, it's fun. It's an ideal game for someone who has kind of been wanting to start a poker night, but doesn't know how to play poker. In otherwords, if you're a loser like me, and Go Fish is your forte, you will have fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I get for not reading your blog for a few days. I would love to have a games night, Rummoli, Poker or even The Six Million Dollar Man board game. (You'll have to come up to the parental's cabin, we have a thrift shop supply of 70's and 80's board games.) Mastermind anyone???
d
aaaaaaaah, forgot my password.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home