Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm back!

Hello all! Sorry for not updating you on my whirlwind tour of Toronto and London, Ontario. I was really busy... and not really thinking of any of you at all. Just kidding! So our trip was fantastic, I greatly enjoyed it. Toronto is a very beautiful, walkable, vibrant and varied city. We stayed in an excellent hotel in the financial district and were able to walk to all important ports of call: CN Tower, CBC, the Blue Jays game, Kensington, St. Lawrence Market, Little Italy, MuchMusic, and scores of other places that I am surely forgetting!
We arrived in Toronto at some goddawful time early Tuesday morning (we flew out after I wrote my Auditing exam ). After doing T.O. we took VIA Rail to London, which was cool because at 29 years of age I had yet to take a train! London, where Michael spent his formative years, was beautiful. It is very lush, treed with numerous parks and a very cool downtown area. We had a great, but short time there and then suddenly it was time to go home.
I would like to share more of my experience with you, but I would be blogging forever, so instead I am going to generate my third Kerrisdalean. This is the newsletter I "publish" after Michael and I take our trips together. If you are interested in getting a copy of it, please let me know and I will give/mail you one. They're pretty lengthy and we try and include some photos so people have a good idea of the trouble we got into. The trouble on this trip would be: arguing with a CTV executive (who is married to the ex-Much VJ Teresa Roncon); almost punching a person from Quebec on the flight home; my endless search for liquor while in T.O.; the inordinate amount of dead cats; finding the vortex of the world in London at Jalna and Jalna; spending a lot of money on some nice clothes because everyone in T.O. dresses really nicely and I was made to feel like a tree-hugging hippy.
Yes. So, I am definitely glad to be back. I cannot wait to see you all and share my adventures (and endless pics) with you. Hopefully against your will.
I understand things went smoothly in my absence. My mom said it was blissfully quiet. Well I'm back, baby. Time to stir shit up. Vive la CBC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home