Monday, October 23, 2006

A most productive Monday

In addition to honing my skills to better BS my way through exams, calculate the present value of some damn thing or another, and aid the residents of the Disney kingdom with all their irreverent and quirky tax and accounting issues, I have also become very adept at procrastinating. Yes. I was told to expect twenty hours of homework a week with my current class but my general loathing of the topic at hand, coupled with the fact that I am almost now counting the days that must pass before I am free (diploma in hand) from school, have resulted in heretofore unheard of levels of increased productivity in just about every other area of my life. Except exercising, of course. Exercising is hard, and it makes me winded.
Today I started (or didn't, depending on how you look at it) by deferring the laborious chore of getting out of bed. When I work I get up at 7. Today I got up at 9, after convincing myself that I had done something to deserve the extra two hours of sleep (though I did stay up later than normal the prior evening to watch THE TRAGICALLY HIP perform cuts from their new album "World Container" on CBC, hosted by none other my future husband George Stroumboulopoulos).
I then did a couple of hours of homework, but only after checking my work email in the hopes that some critical accounting emergency had arisen which could only, hopefully, be resolved with an hour long call in to the office. I also made coffee, wrote out a to-do list, and watered the plants. After my first crack at capital gains, I called my mom and had a lengthy conversation. Then I did some laundry. A little more homework and bam! it was time for a nutritional lunch to replenish all the vitamins and minerals that are undoubtedly necessary to maintain such high levels of not doing income tax.
Because I still had several hours remaining in the day, I showered, shopped for sundry items at London Drugs, taking meticulous care to ensure I was obtaining the best possible deal. This was followed by a trip to the fruit and veg store, and then the removal and folding and putting away of the laundry. A little more homework was managed, and then it was time for 40 minutes of pilates. Must keep limber!
I finished the final question and, having put in a solid 4 hours and 40 minutes of homework, will finish off the remaining hours of the day by blogging, checking email and watching Simpson repeats.
And this, my friends, is why I am getting 70% on my tax midterms. Can someone call me? Does anyone want to go for coffee? I have 3 hours to waste before I can officially call it a day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home