Friday, November 24, 2006

Poland

Sometimes I see news headings that make me laugh, such as this one: "PM urges Russia to recognize Poland as fully-fledged EU member". I know I should read it; it's intriguing. Why is Poland not considered a fully-fledged EU member? Why does Russia have a problem acknowledging Poland? Does Russia's failure to recognize Poland as an EU member have any legal, economic or trading ramifications for Poland? These are important questions. And yet, when I read the headline this is what runs through my mind:
- maybe Russia would take Poland more seriously if Poland would abandon their project to send a space shuttle to the sun.... at night
- this may damage Poland's trading relationship with other EU countries. I understand Poland is excellent at manufacturing submarines... with screen doors
- and finally, how do you get a one-armed Polish man out of a tree? Wave to him.
Poor, poor Poland.
In other news, I am going to walk over to Pacific Centre and buy a hat. I would like something jaunty. I may put a feather in my new, jaunty cap.
Lastly, Michael put half a banana in my lunch after I specifically warned him against it. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home