Thursday, January 11, 2007

TPS reports

So the snow was scary last night. It was coming down so hard on my bus ride home that things got a little dicey. I kid you not; the wheels on the bus were spinning out a little. And you know, I think the bus driver was kind of having fun, because instead of easing into the various bus stops he would kind of slide into them. Dude, it’s a bus, not an ’87 Supra. And then heading up the hill into Kerrisdale I thought we might have to get out and push. I was thinking, “Hey man, I paid my discounted fare of $1.80. I am not pushing this bus”. But we didn’t have to, which was cool. I’m not a big fan of driving in the snow, so I don’t. It’s really safer for everyone involved: myself; my passengers; other drivers; pedestrians; trees and fences. And with this morning’s cold snap my living room window has frozen open. How the frick does that work? Talk about ironic! I leave the window open because my apartment gets so damn hot and I have no control over the heat, and now that it’s really NIPPY out there and I want to close it – I can’t!
I re-watched Office Space last night. Damn, that is one funny movie. I had forgotten just how good it was. Let me please recap the dialogue between Peter and Joanna:
Peter: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits for the date instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter: About an hour ago.
Joanna: Oh, really? About an hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.
Love it. LOVE IT. So that’s really the extent of it. Skidding through snow drifts with my bus driver Mario Andretti and re-watching movies from the ‘90s. It's good to be me... didn't you get the memo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home