Saturday, May 26, 2007

Backs against the wall, stoned out of our minds

I got off a little early from work yesterday. Went to the gym for the first time in a couple of weeks to find that I've managed to gain five pounds. Excellent. Nevertheless, I managed to achieve a personal best for running four kilometres on the treadmill (18:50). Look, it's not super fast, but it's fast for me! I saw the good looking Vincent D'onofrio type guy that dresses all in black. Except yesterday he had donned a white t-shirt. The times, they are a-changing.
Went for coffee with Big D at Think! where the service was so bad as to be abhorrent. I hate when that happens. I want to hang out there. I like the philosophy angle. I like that you can get beer. I like the music, that they're open until 11pm. It was a good cappuccino. The walls in the bathroom are chalkboards. I pondered forever as to what I should scribble (Big D probably thought I was having a colossal bowel movement). I quoted a Jayhawks song "Backs against the wall, stoned out of our minds". I'm not sure why. Oh wait, I've been smoking pot and eating more than normal, that explains the weight gain. I told Big D that I had had a pecan tart when I was out with a girlfriend and how much I loved pecan tarts. So we're walking to Think! and he points at something on my hip and says, "what the hell is that?" I look down, sure that I've managed to spill something on myself and look back at him quizzically. He says, "Oh my god! I think it's a pecan tart!" while motioning to my waistline. Funny. Funny like Doris Day parking.
What else. Had a really good sleep last night. Yummy. I like sleeping and pecan tarts. I am destined to be so fat that my partner will have to leverage me out of bed with a crowbar.
My dad called and wanted to know when I was going to come up and visit him. He said I could come up over a weekend, returning on Monday. I was unsure how this was possible, because if I left for the BC Ferries after work on Friday we wouldn't have enough time to make the last Lasqueti ferry. Apparently my dad has one of the speedboats running. If this is not a potential, terrifying yarn waiting to happen, I'm not sure what is. Likely the story will involve the engine conking out in the dark, a slow leak, he and I contemplating how far it would be to swim, a passing Alaskan cruise ship, lots of yelling, angry Coast Guards and a hefty fine for not having life jackets or something. Ah well, I need a new story to regale my friends with. Everyone has heard the scorpion and nun-accident tales a few times by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home