Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I don't think water is supposed to come out of my kitchen cupboard, either

Okay. I think I might have blown it with M. This one's entirely on me. Feeling pretty much like a loser right now. Let's just leave it at that. If you ask me what happened I will tell you that I just couldn't handle his work schedule. That would be a bald-faced lie. Did I learn something out of all this? Yes, that I am retarded.
In other news, water is now coming out of my kitchen cupboard. A plumber came by today (hey, no worries: I only brought the issue up with the landlords on SATURDAY), but he was unable to get into the suite above me to fix the issue. Now I have a gaping hole in the drywall in my kitchen, all my glasses and cups are on the kitchen table, and water is dripping into a bucket. Classy! When I came home from work today there was a woman with her child in the lobby. As I climbed the stairs, distraught from a boring day at work, another failed attempt at romance, and dreading the water damage I might find when I entered my suite, the woman said to her kid, "look at that carpenter ant! Look how big it is!". So maybe we have carpenter ants too. I think my eye twitched a little.
You know what? Today fucking sucked. In addition to the leak in my kitchen, I missed my bus. Then, some woman at Arbutus and 30th refused to get OFF the bus which was so jam-packed with riders that it simply could not fit her on. The bus driver was actually yelling at her. She held us up for at least three or four minutes. Lady! The buses are ten minutes apart! People on the BUS were yelling at her to get off while I placed and received calls from the property management company and the building owner.
I spent my lunch hour getting a copy of my apartment keys made and delivering them to the property management company so that they could get into my suite (yeah, it's a new property management company because, uh, apparently our building was sold on May 1st). I'm not sure why I bothered, because the plumber didn't come until 7:20, when I had given up on him and was starting to do dishes (sans bra and resplendent with a bandana on my head). I really enjoyed the noise the saw made when he cut the big hole into the drywall.
The plus side? I had a really great hair day. Oh yeah, and I don't have cancer or thyroid problems. Seriously. I've been waiting on some test results and they finally came in today. I'm pretty happy about that.
Oh god. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Mostly I've been laughing, so that's pretty good. I've deleted my profile from Lavalife. I have a date with a guy on Thursday night, after which I will be deleting my profile from POF. I spoke to him on the phone today and I think he's too esoteric for me. I should just show up wearing a frickin' baseball hat, confess my undying love for reality tv, Bryan Adams and Danielle Steele. The date will be a brief one. No. Perhaps I will sleep with him. He can be my last fling before utter abstinence. He might think the gaping hole in my kitchen is full of cavernous meaning and representative of the void in my heart. Or something. I'll say, "oh yes, tell me more about Sartre and the cold finality of industrial art" and then he will and I'll say, "right. Just take off your goddamn pants".
I'm not bitter. I'm sardonic and EDGY. I might also be slightly mouldy, but hopefully that shall be rectified tomorrow.
Okay. I'm done my rant. Was it good for you, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home