Thursday, March 15, 2007

It all makes sense now

Alright. I'm on the mend. My car battery was dead, as I had figured it would be. I called Big D (whose first few words to me were "okay, relax") and he came over with his jumper cables and, well, jumped me. We really couldn't visit, since I now needed to drive all over Vancouver charging my battery. So that's what I did. Fun!
But now it all makes sense. I needed to understand what stress was. I needed to appreciate how otherwise calm and serene my life is. It was time for me to understand what a privilege it is to have a car that works, and to be "accident free". I get that now. I slept so well last night!
And then today, our systems admin said he had something for me. There was a lumpy 7-11 bag on his desk and he said "it's yours, take it". I expressed a bit of consternation and he said "don't worry, it's nothing bad". So I gingerly picked up the bag and looked at the contents: a robot! Almost identical to the one that M got for me at the Christmas party. It was surreal! It was like something (though I know not yet what) had come full circle. This was my serendipitous reward for getting through a couple of days of loud noises and attacks from the Christian right. I now have the robot proudly displayed in my office. I think I will bring my other robot from home and perhaps bond with my coworkers while we play Robot World Domination.
I am happy today! Happy Robot Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Big D said...

YOUR HAPPY!!! It makes me happy to know your happy. Now I can laugh without pissing you off.

LOl

d

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home