Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today is my Friday

That's right, folks, this kid is not going into work tomorrow. I need a bit of a breather. From what, I'm not sure. I love the way my weeks start: wide open, no plans, all the time in the world, and then by the end of the week the dishes are piling up, I'm overdue calling my parents, I'm trying to fit my social schedule together like some frenetic puzzle. But this is how I like it! Idle hands and all that.
So tonight is my first running clinic meeting. The post on the website said to bring a change of clothes as hopefully we could all go out for a beer after and get to know each other better. Damn social, friendly, fit people! I will have nothing in common with them. Bah. I have a big zit which will prohibit me from being social tonight, unfortunately. What's with being 30 and having acne? I would actually give up a finger (not a thumb, though) to have perfect skin. Is that wrong? I'll probably be relegated to the group which is comprised of the individual whose sex is indeterminate, the middle aged cat lady and the guy who continued to pin his mittens onto his jacket into his teens. I won't be allowed to talk to the "cool kids" who will hang out and smoke. Okay, maybe they won't smoke they'll... do pilates and share Gatorade together or something. Elitists.
Last night I went over to H's to watch "My Dinner with Andre". I wanted to get his take on it, and as usual we started to discuss it, veering off on all manner of tangents and I got home after 11. We had wine gums. He told me about how, as a child, he had grabbed his mother's iron and ironed his hand. I asked what had prompted him to do that. He replied that likely his hand had been wrinkled. It was kind of funny.
I can't commit to today's blog. I'm tired and hungry. Sleeping in a bit tomorrow. Looking forward to the weekend! Going for dinner and a night on the town with Po and N tomorrow night and it should be fun. I am lucky to have such nice friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home