Sunday, July 08, 2007

7:26 on a Sunday morning

Yeah. I got up at 7 today. I am going to go for a 16k run in less than an hour. I must be touched in the head. I actually awoke at some point during the night, thought "screw this shit" and turned off my alarm. Apparently my subconscious thinks I really ought to do this run. My subconsious does a lot of thinking that I'm not aware of, which really pisses me off. Why can't it do something a little more useful? I would really like to: subconsciously do my taxes; subconsciously do my christmas shopping; and more over I would like my subconcious to do this 16k run this morning while I go back to bed.
In other news. My family puts the "d" in dysfunctional. I had a great lunch with my friend L yesterday (and also bought a couch cause, you know, it's a nice thing to make your friend sit and contemplate fabric swatches with you) and she listened intently and seemed to understand my issues. We all have issues to varying degrees, it's just how you deal with them. I think I have the tools now. I have a shotgun and a couple of body bags. Oh, speaking of totally morbid, here are snippets from the last couple of dreams I had:
1) I dreamed that my uncle got a screwdriver stuck into his eyeball and a doctor came and was going to pull it out. I could hear him screaming in the other room as, apparently, they were doing it without anaesthetic.
2) Last night I dreamed that my dad had a cage of rabbits. I was like "why did you get these rabbits? They're such stupid pets". And then I noticed the cage had big, wide open spaces in it and I thought, how dumb are these animals that they believe the cage is inescapable, when in fact it isn't. And just as I had that thought the rabbits started to escape out of the hole, except they went bounding, one by one, into a traffic congested street. I stood (I think my brother was with me) staring in mute horror as these bunnies made a break for it under the grinding car and truck wheels. The last one didn't make it. It got hit by a car or two. I assumed it was dead, but it was still breathing. I went to find my dad (who was lined up for coffee in a coffee shop nearby) and said, "this was your fault: you need to fix it" and I gave him a shovel so he could finish the bunny off.
Isn't that fantastic? Dreams such as these gems are why you see me with bags under my eyes. Oh yeah, and apparently getting up at 7am on a Sunday to run 16k will start to have something to do with it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home