Monday, July 02, 2007

I like Victoria

Victoria was awesome. It was so nice to spend time with JupiterGirl in her new, cool city. She says she's never coming back to Vancouver, so I am thinking perhaps I'll have to move over there. Free parking on Sundays! No beeping! Friendly faces! We spent some time wandering around the market, had some tapas for dinner and went to bed at a reasonable time. I'm mellowing... I recommend Gehringer Bros. Pinot Noir: luscious.
In contrast, did a little shopping with Big D today. We were a little peaked and went to Caffe Barney on Granville for a bite to eat and I got the HAND from one of the waiters. See, there isn't a sign that says "Please wait to be seated" so I started to mosey on in to see if there were any free tables. I walked past one of the waiters who was chatting with a couple of patrons and he put his HAND UP to stop me. He didn't say anything, just the hand. I'm not sure why we stayed. When he finally did clear the table for us he didn't take us to it, instead he said, "it's up there on the left". What an ASS HAT. Our waitress, however, was nice.
Dealt with some rowdy Legionaires on the ferry on the way home. Man, those sixty and seventy year olds can get loud! It was really.... weird. Michael drove from North Van to pick me up at the Tswassen ferry terminal. Yep, that makes total sense.
So I'm single again. Whee! I think I'm really going to concentrate on running and sleeping now. It's been an exhausting week. I thought that things had come full circle when I broke up with H on Tuesday, but apparently there was still some more circling that had to be done in other areas. I've accomplished that, and now I feel a little dizzy. But oddly content.
Admit it, you love it when I'm cryptic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home