Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Contentedness

Day two of being relatively content. A strange feeling of calmness and accepting. What the hell is with this? It’s agitating! I actually started to get a little perturbed by something today and then thought, “Who cares? This is wasting too much of my energy. I have a lot of good things going on right now”. Seriously. I had that very thought process today. It’s blowing my mind man.
I do have to run at least 16k today, so maybe I will be in a different frame of mind when I get home from that. Ate a lot over the weekend and haven’t run since last Thursday. Yeah, I really need to shape up… in time to go on vacation of course! I guess I’ll have to bring my running gear with me when I go to visit my dad. Place your bets now on whether or not I will actually remove said running gear from my travel bag.
Talked to my coworker M today. He bought a manual lawnmower. I asked him to describe “manual” to me and he said it was the kind without a motor. I got a little turned on and said that I was quite impressed with his purchase. I then ventured out on a limb, probing the environmental wastefulness of regular lawnmowers. He scoffed, “inefficient, two stroke engines”. I licked my lips and inched closer, questioning the very idea of lawns themselves and suggested xenoscaping, an idea which seemed to pique his interest. Ah, the things he and I could discuss over coffee being sipped from our respective travel mugs. So hot.
In closing, I did post my profile back up on Lavalife. I “smiled” at a guy that made mention of Teddy Ruxpin (remember?) and Transformers on his profile. He was hot. Of course he did not smile back because my profile is like a page out of some bleak Albert Camus novel (I have to give props to H for introducing me to “The Outsider”). But I think I shall take down the profile. I realize I don’t need or want it. I did however receive an email from a gentleman that had emailed me back during my POF days. His profile was excellent and he seemed like a super guy, but he wanted kids and I said that was a show-stopper for me. Anyways, he contacted me and wanted to know if kids were still a no-go, but that even so he would like to meet me because it would seem that we might have good conversations. And he plays chess. I love chess. So I said sure. Right now I am enjoying my friends. I want to spend time with my friends. I hugged JupiterGirl on Sunday and Big D touched me (twice!) on Monday. It pleased me. I would not mind having another quality friend. Friends are friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home