Monday, April 09, 2007

Nothing

I am in a good mood today. I got up a bit late, but decided against panicking about getting up, working out, cleaning my apartment and grocery shopping. I'm decidedly mellow today. That never happens. I'm going to ride it out, and will no doubt be back to my cranky, withdrawn self tomorrow.
As I was lounging in my apartment after brunch with P yesterday I got a call from my nana, inviting me to dinner with my mom and aunts and uncles at her place. I decided that I would go instead of sitting at home, stewing. Also, it was Easter Sunday which, as we all know, is the day the Sacred Bunny ascended to heaven with St. Purdy. Right? So I went over and made pleasant conversation with my relatives, and regaled them with the fun car alarm story for which my nana had - unfortunately - been present. Had an awesome dinner. Took in the equally awesome view.
Got back home and checked the one voice message I had: Michael. Just checking in. He likes for me to tell him how fast and well my laptop is working now. It's like phone sex for him, or something. I have to time how fast it boots up and then tell him and he'll be quiet for a prolonged period of time and then ask, "and the programs are opening up quickly as well? How quickly? Describe it for me".
Then I angled my arm just so to capture a free internet signal and - lo and behold - there was an email from B. Is anyone still following the B story? I'm not. At any rate, he was visiting his brother in California for the long weekend: it was a spur of the moment trip which was why he was incommunicado all weekend. Okay. Thank you.
Another interesting (re)discovery: Margaret Atwood. I am reading a collection of her short stories called "Wilderness Tips" and she is fantastic. I forgot how much I love Margaret Atwood. Highly recommend. I am happy. I have lots of good books to read.
I'm going to go do pilates now, on this, my last unencumbered Monday. I can't remember if I divulged that I will be volunteering for the BCSPCA on Mondays starting in a week. Yes. So you are all getting kittens for Christmas this year. If you're really, really good, I may give you a llama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home