Monday, March 26, 2007

Corny

I met up with JupiterGirl and A at Café Barney on Friday night. It was supposed to be a low key night. I had even asked A to give me a lift home when she was heading out, which would definitely be at a reasonable time since I arrived at Café Barney (soaking wet and with messy hair thanks to the horrific amount of rain) at 5:45pm. It was the perfect storm, Friday. And I don’t just mean the weather. It was culmination of lack of sleep, being run a bit ragged at work, having not seen JupiterGirl for a couple of weeks, and beer. Lots of beer.
A left around nine? I stayed on. At some point texting B seemed like a brilliant idea. Looking back at the texts I sent I must say that I am proud of both the lack of spelling errors, the proper punctuation and their overall length. I do remember laboring over them to make sure they were painstakingly correct. B ended up joining us at Café Barney and we left around 12:30. Yep. I think I am going to leave out a lot of the details here.
The next afternoon as B was leaving my apartment it struck me that we had a date scheduled for around 7 that evening. He left around 1pm. I asked him if he still wanted to come over for 7, or should I make the trip to the West End to see him. He said he would return. And he did. We had a substantially subdued evening, complete with Ibuprofen, his refusal to judge me, complements, great conversation and a good movie.
On Sunday it was sunny. It was pretty corny. I opened my eyes and could see the brightness beating against my curtains. It stayed nice all day. It was a most enjoyable day.
Today it is sunny again. I am at work. I am not supposed to work on Mondays. It’s like a religious holiday for me or something. My car is in the shop. I am tired. I have three loads of laundry to do, my blinds are disgusting and I need to scrub my tub. My kitchen floor is sticky. I’m running out of fruit. B called as I was getting ready for work and it made me smile. We confirmed via email that we are both sporting similar grins a la cat that ate the canary. I won a free coffee at Tim Horton’s. The corniness continues…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home