Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The audit

I’m not sure if I’ve ever started off an audit without some kind of computer problem. And all the signs were there, indicating the problem that was waiting to occur today, the start of our audit. Yep, I had been getting emails from our systems admin team for a couple of weeks reminding me that they were going to replace my computer with a new one. They would do it on Monday, when I was off. Sure enough, get in today and all hell breaks lose. The auditors came around 10am. I believe we finally had Quickbooks back up and running around 1pm. Now I have a headache, am pissed off and exhausted. The thing is: I knew this would happen. The correct way to have dealt with this, given my history with computers, upgrades and backups at audit time, would have been to say to the tech guys “No, I simply will not switch my computer out until after the audit”. Secretly I must like to struggle.
And of course my boss is panicking and dropping the f-bomb everywhere, which makes it really enjoyable to share a small space with her. The thing that she is doing that I love more than all the other things, is the way she eats sushi with her hands and then sucks her fingers after popping each spicy salmon roll into her mouth. It is driving me mentally insane. I want to drive the (unused and unopened) chopsticks up her nostrils.
I am going to program my robot with articulated arms to kill her. Do you think Microsoft makes a software for that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Big D said...

Microsoft does make software for Robots with Articulating arms but it is not compatable with the nose version of Chopsticks and requires an F-Bomb upgrade to MF-Bomb.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home