Monday, April 30, 2007

Dum de dum

In a good mood. Got off a bit early from the SPCA today. The people there are really nice. I finished all the data entry that they wanted, so I actually hope that they find other things for me to do so I can go back there. It's just a really different culture compared to the corporate one. It's a little more low key. There's more conversation and consideration and respect. They are concerned about the bottom line, sure, but their main goal is to help animals. Yeah. I dig it.
The rest of the weekend went well. I went over to North Van and Michael and I saw "Blades of Glory". It was pretty funny. On Sunday we helped JupiterGirl pack her stuff into a tiny U-Haul container. Michael is a master packer: he seems to see things very spatially and would definitely excel at Tetris. Maybe that's why he has his Masters of Architecture. My accounting diploma came in handy as I was able to solve such complex issues as: if we remove two small boxes when can put in one large one. Super. And I got mashed into the closet trying to move JupiterGirl's bed which didn't have handles. Beds should have handles. And not just for moving! Ha ha, kidding. Oh my god... At any rate, today is the big day for her so I hope her move is going smoothly.
Sunday night I met up with someone that I used to work with back in the Hudd days. She looked utterly amazing. Kind of bordering on super model-like. I was all, hey, do you like my cargo pants? I wore them during the move and they're kind of dirty. We chatted for a couple of hours about work, life and mostly men. She has met someone nice and their relationship has been coming along nicely. I started crying, stamping my feet on the floor (which was difficult because we were on bar stools, so I had to slide off so my feet could actually reach) and wailing "I can't find anyone to love me". Some really attractive guys next to us leaned over and said, "Get the hell outta the way, we're trying to watch the game! And your pants are dirty!".
That pretty much sums it up. Now I need to get some fruit, milk and yogurt because I'm out. Then I am going to meet my parents in Kits for dinner which is cool. I don't remember the last time they came out my way for dinner. I'll put up with them fussing over my weight, and lecturing me about my eating habits and safe sex (dad: I'm thirty, let it go) providing they pay for dinner. Parents are supposed to, right?
Then I go to work tomorrow. Sigh. M and I talked about getting together early this week but his work schedule does not allow for it. At first I had a knee jerk reaction because this sounded so suspiciously like you know who, but then I bought it because a) he tried to make arrangements to see me on Sunday night (though unfortunately I couldn't) and b) he said he would call me during the week and that "hopefully" I would answer. So we'll see. I will wait for this mythical phone call. I hope he calls, but I'm trying to distract myself with shiny objects in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home