Friday, May 04, 2007

I get to have a donut today

I took advantage of the Canucks’ “do or die” game last night by going to the gym, which I knew would be pretty empty. I didn’t have to fight for a bench or share the tilty ab sit-up thing with anyone. That’s its official name, you know. The tilty ab sit-up thing. I impress men with my workout skills and knowledge when I point to certain pieces of equipment and say “are you done with the machine that makes you feel like you’ve been punched in the chest the next day if you overdo it?” or “can I work in with you on this thing that helps prevent your underarms from getting saggy like an old person’s?”. I have a slight fear that one day my feet will somehow become unhooked on the tilty ab sit-up thing (or TAST for short) and I will slide down it and knock myself unconscious. I have a lot of fears. Bears. Sharks. Power windows. I really didn’t want power windows when I bought my car. I wanted the roll down kind. My fear is that I will be trapped in a water-filled ditch somewhere and, because my car won’t start, I won’t be able to get my windows down in order to clamber out. This will mean I will have to kick the windshield out, which will require considerable leg strength. That’s why I do a lot of squats. And sometimes use the leg pushing machine.
Tonight a couple of friends are coming over. We’re going to dish about men. It will be saucy and salacious. I may make notes for my blog. I’ll be like, “wait, wait, what was that term you just used? He’s a what? An ass clown? No? Ass hat. Okay, got it. Please continue”.
Tomorrow morning I am going to sleep. And sleep and sleep. I may get up, return to bed with some tea and watch a movie. I am going to attempt to stay in bed until at least 11. Then I get to see M. We are going to do something that is weather dependent. We discussed a hike, but the forecast is now calling for rain. Perhaps the art gallery? Maybe Granville Island? I am a little excited and apprehensive. We had a really good chat on the phone on Tuesday, but last night’s talk was a little stilted. This was because he was on his dinner break and I didn’t want to launch into something lengthy or philosophical only to have him say, “wow that’s deep. Look, I gotta run”. So there is some pressure regarding tomorrow’s date because our last date was so totally awesome. I mean, it can’t really get much better than a movie, Indian food, dessert and cool music until 3:20am, can it? We’ll see. I can only bring my Cabbage Patch Kid grin and my bubbly personality to the table.
God. Today is going to drag. Looking forward to the donut though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home